A little over a year after release, the CySA+ has earned its place among well regarded certifications. The difficulty is in the intermediate level. See below for CySA+ CS0-001 exam details.
Table of Contents
- Number of Questions: 75 questions (85 max)
- Duration: 165 minute duration, not including survey time, about 2 minutes per question
- Score Range: 100-900
- Passing Score: 750 (roughly 83%, not including experimental questions)
- Types of Questions:
- Multiple Choice – can have more than one answer
- Performance Based – perform the requested action
- Threat Management 27%
- Vulnerability Management 26%
- Cyber Incident Response 23%
- Security Architecture and Tool Sets 24%
- CS0-002: April 21, 2020, current
- CS0-001: February 15, 2017, retired October 21, 2020
Note: CompTIA had to change the certification acronym from CSA+ to CySA+ due to a trademark issue. This change was made by June 29th, 2018. The exam code is still the same. Most people still keep the vernacular as CSA+.
Update: Added the new CS0-002 exam to the list.
A current overview of CompTIA CySA+ certification exam CS0-001.
After the Exam
- Requires 60 Continuing Education credits after passing exam.
- CompTIA CySA+ Page
- Update: CompTIA CySA+ CS0-002 Exam Objectives
- CompTIA CySA+ CS0-001 Exam Objectives
- Update: Skills You’ll Learn with CompTIA CySA+
- IT Security Analyst
- Tier II SOC Analyst
- Security Monitoring
- Application Security Analyst
- Incident Response or Handler
- Vulnerability Analyst
- Threat Intelligence Analyst
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Security Engineer
- Penetration Tester
- Security Architect
- Compliance Analyst
- Threat Hunter