I made the switch from Windows 7 to 8.1 earlier this year so now is a better time as any to release Windows 8 guides. Even though Windows 8 is a mess and I poke fun at it, it’s actually a good OS if you are will willing to put the time into it.
You need to do a few workarounds, a lot of customizing, and relearn a few basic things but once you get past the high barrier to entry, it’s not all that bad. There are features that really shine, like the accurate task manager, accurate file transfer info, and fast boot times.
If you are running Windows 7 and you are happy with what you have and do not like to tinker then just stay with Windows 7 until it’s time to upgrade to Windows 9.
Anyway, tinkering with a new OS means having new guides on Tactful Tech. Here’s what I have so far:
- Trouble With Windows 8.1 Update KB2919355 (Windows 8.1 Update 1)
- Overview Of New Windows 8.1 Update 1 Changes
- Windows 8 Updates Do Not Download
- How To Close Apps In Windows 8.1
- How To Remove Windows.old Folder In Windows 7 and 8
- Workaround To Download A Legal Windows 8.1 ISO
I plan to update this list as I add more Windows 8 guides.