Reformatting is a basic tech skillset. Read this brief guide to discover how to reformat Ubuntu 12.x.
Reformat Ubuntu 12.x Computer
- Insert the CD/DVD and reboot the computer to the disc.
- Choose English (default) as the language and click Continue.
- Click Install Ubuntu.
- After a brief loading stage, reselect English (default) and click Forward.
- Choose the time zone and click Forward.
- Choose the keyboard layout and click Forward.
- Choose the hard drive you wish to reformat.
- Select Entire Disk, which will automatically format the entire hard drive and install Ubuntu.
- Ubuntu and programs installed are updated through the update managers.
- There is no System Restore function.
- Anti-virus programs are usually not necessary.
- You can turn on the firewall by opening the Terminal and typing
sudo ufw enable.
- Network connections are configured under System > Preferences > Network Connections.
If your company doesn’t use Ubuntu or even Linux period, this will a fun little project to play with at home.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
I help enthusiasts, entrepreneurs, VIPs, and small business owners with cybersecurity, website strategy, and online business. Davis Tech Media is a collection of IT, cybersecurity, and online business best practices and experiences. Stick around, you might learn something. 🙂