Recommended Content Creation Resources
The Content Confidence Checklist
A Mini Workshop to Help Develop Strong Content
If you're struggling to write good content or you lack confidence that your content is good, check this resource by Copyblogger (Rainmaker Digital) out. I bought this and it has definitely improved my writing.
Those with quick wit will say my writing still needs to improve. I agree. Your writing needs to improve too. 🙂
Sonia did a good job here. Snag this collection for only $7. That's right, a couple documents and an audio file for only $7. I'm not an affiliate, I just like this offering. This little package has a big punch. Start improving the quality and effectiveness of your content today.
It Takes a Lot of Practice
Content is the MOST important thing that will go on your website. This is where you want to spend the most time, potentially second only to marketing and outreach. But if your stuff doesn't have a lot of thought then marketing is effectively useless.
Don't try to be perfect. You'll always need to improve. I've been writing blog content for over over a decade and I still have gaps.
The more important thing is to create content that not only helps people, but also is content your target audience is searching for.
Should you go with an article writing service? If you don't have the time to write good articles now, then spend the money to get them written for you. Getting good content requires sacrifice so be prepared to spend either time or money to get rolling.
If you haven't written good articles yet or you lack practice, you need to come back to refine this skill later. I have personally hired 4 different types of article writing services and have had differing experiences with all of them. Some of the time you save comes back to haunt you in the way of reading, reviewing, and editing. It's still a net positive, but don't expect this to be completely passive.
I'll go into more detail about my oursourcing experiences later. For now though. Get comfortable outsourcing. It's a nice way to scale. You just need to:
- Get clear on what you need done.
- Do search analysis or have it done for you to make sure you will produce content people are looking for.
- Understand what proprietary methods the writers are trained in. Do they use multiple methods?
- Find out what type of research they do. Most do not do original research. They usually do some type of journalistic research to provide a clear, concise article.
- Most writers are not industry experts. Provide a tight list of objectives for the writers.
- You are supposed to be the industry expert. When you get your articles delivered to you, spend 10-15 minutes editing the articles into your own voice as well as adding original content. They are not done when the are delivered to you.
- Submit requests for revisions if they missed the mark. Be sure to do this by their cutoff date.
- Stay committed to the process and learn to avoid time wasters that don't actually improve the business.
Content Creation Related Posts
The last 3 content creation related blog posts are below. To see the posts, head over to the blog page.
You go to your Package Center and your packages don't load at all. The error is Connection failed. Please check your network and time settings. The problem is the URLs required by the Package Center can't be resolved. There are a few issues that can cause this. They...
If you are interested in any pen testing certification, especially CompTIA's PenTest+ (my cert pick for 2021), you need to be able to practice. In this home lab setup, I mostly followed guidance from Michael Solomon's LinkedIn Learning PenTest+ Learning Path and...
Welcome to the CompTIA PenTest+ PT0-001 exam study notes. You know the type of study guides to expect by now. Prepare for a wall of formatted text. The information in this guide is organized by the PT0-001 exam objectives and contains information from Michael...